10.12.2005

the life of an urban biker

as referenced in a previous blog entry (i'm too lazy to look it up and link it), i've started riding my bike to work every day. granted, i've been traveling a lot lately, but i still ride my bike to work most of the time (also, in the interest of full disclosure, it's MUCH easier/faster for me to bike to work than it is for me to walk and/or take the metro).

i ride down one of the busiest streets in DC every day. it's streaming with busses and traffic and is 5 lanes and is a nightmare to maneuver. i often get into fights with car drivers because IN DC BIKERS HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO TAKE THE LANE. i don't have road rage, i simply KNOW THE LAW.

so yesterday, in typical trinity fashion, i angled my arm out to the side and took the left lane in preparation for a turn. the driver behind me yelled "it's only a matter of time!" to which i responded by nearly breaking out into tears. and i wasn't even pms'ing! it really bothered me! asshole.

so i made up for it this morning. while making my usual transition from h street to new york street, this car started honking at me pretty incessantly. i looked back a few times with an angry glare thinking the whole time that the BIKER IN DC HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE LANE, but she wouldn't stop. to make matters worse i HADN'T EVEN TAKEN THE LANE, i was pretty much ON the sidewalk. so, of course, when i passed her later i yelled into her open window 'what good did that do you, you stupid bitch'

it's only a matter of time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home