4.28.2005

the next time the sun rises...

continental flight 1102 with non-stop service from houston, tx to san jose, costa rica will be beginning its initial descent into the misty rainforest.

and somewhere over my walk to work yesterday and a mad hunt through rei outfitters, i realized I'M GOING TO COSTA RICA. and i've planned NOTHING. those who know me know this isn't a surprise. a friend remarked yesterday, after hearing that my flight will be leaving at 6:00am that i'll probably start packing around 2:00am. i wouldn't be surprised.

i should add that this trip was conceived only 2 weeks ago. there's no way i could have gotten malaria or hepatitis a shots in that amount of time (they wouldn't be effective anyway). i could, however, have called my surgeon before YESTERDAY to tell him i'll be hiking in the rainforest in 48 hours, and, oh, by the way, do you think my ankle can handle it? what about surfing?

wish me luck! i'll be back on the 9th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home